“On The Road With Big Blue” – June First Friday Edition
Join WNZR in downtown Mount Vernon on Friday 6/7 for June’s First Friday!
Downtown Mount Vernon will be busy with activities for the season’s First Friday kick-off.
WNZR will be in downtown Mount Vernon for June’s First Friday! Look for Big Blue on South Main Street.
Stop by and register to win a special "Shape Up, Clean Up, Drink Up, Dress Up and Soak Up" prize basket featuring:
- Two punch card gift certificates for 8 Classes at Zumba with Teresa and Lisa (Valued at $40, 16 total classes)
- An entire house cleaning from Carefree Cleaning Company. Amy Kessler gives you 4 hours of house cleaning
(Valued at $100)
- One $15.00 gift card to Happy Bean Coffee Shop and a Happy Bean Tumbler (Valued at $20)
- One $15.00 gift certificate for Premier Designs Jewelry with Amberly Frye
- A Family 4 Pack of One-Day Passes to the Hiawatha Water Park and Pool (Valued at $32)
Plus WNZR goodies including an “On the Road with Big Blue" t-shirt, NIV Bible, coasters, cups, jar openers Frisbees, guitar flyswatter, magnets and more! The prize package is valued at over $240!
First Friday events are from 6 to 9 p.m. in downtown Mount Vernon.
Main Street Mount Vernon will kick off the year with June First Friday's "Summer Celebration".
- Entertainment, provided by the Kokosing River Surf Club on the Main Stage (on the Public Square) and Yvonne Sanson students on the South Stage (on East Gambier Street).
- Beach Ball Bonanza with sand, sun and fun at COTC (on South Main).
Enjoy sand art, hoola-hoops and beach ball fun!
- The Knox County Landmarks Foundation is partnering with Main Street Mount Vernon to
bring a behind-the-scenes look at the downtown mural projects.
Grab a ride on the tractor and hear John Donnelly, the artist, tell about inspiration,
working with the community, and hidden Easter eggs.
- The First Friday Cruise-In is returning to the outer area of the square for the 2019 season.
Storyside Church is sponsoring this feature, in partnership with Knox Cars and Coffee.
There will also be fun yard games coordinated by the Knox County Board of Realtors inside the square.
Game Winners will receive gift cards!
- Balloon Animal Artist, Rex Naylor and Magician, Jimmy Bercham will be in front of Paragraphs Bookstore on
South Main Street. Kids can enjoy Balloon animals, face painting, and magic tricks.
The Public Square will be a great place for kids. First Church of the Nazarene will provide face painting.
The YMCA and Knox County Knockout will host kids’ activities.
- Mount Vernon Nazarene University’s Schnormeier Gallery is proud to present a retrospective of Ken and Linda Shaffer’s artwork titled “Celebrate!” This exhibit will be on display in the gallery through June 28th. The couple will be celebrating their 60th Anniversary on June 7th with a reception at the Schnormeier Gallery from 6-9 p.m. For 60 years, the Shaffers of Gambier have created art and a ministry that has been intertwined with their lives, family and the community.
- New Directions is hosting a special documentary film during First Friday. You can see “The Mask You Live In” at the Kenyon Wright Center Auditorium at 400 South Main Street from 4:30 p.m. – 7 p.m. The film will approach the question – Is American masculinity harming our boys, men and society at large? Admission is free and a facilitated discussion will follow the film. Due to mature content, this film is recommended for ages 14 and up. Call Jordan at 740-397-4357 to RSVP.
- Farm Friday debuts at June First Friday. Farm Friday is designed to showcase our local agriculture and the people who bring it to life. Check out “All Things Ag” on East Vine Street and the First-Knox National Bank parking lot!
- Also debuting this June is a Pop-Up Gallery consisting of local art. Interested in displaying your art?
Email Carrie Hyman at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
It is family fun at Mount Vernon’s First Friday presented by Main Street Mount Vernon.
Traffic will be closed one block north of the Public Square, around the Square and on South Main Street down to Ohio Avenue starting at 4:30 p.m. (on Friday 6/7). Rain location for the band is the CA & C Depot at 501 South Main Street.
If you have questions, please contact Carrie Hyman, Executive Director, at 740-393-1481. More details about First Friday can be found at www.mainstreetmountvernon.com
The mission of Main Street Mount Vernon is to energize and strengthen an authentic and uniquely local downtown experience.
For the full map of downtown June First Friday, click here!
WNZR would like to thank these businesses for supporting our broadcast from June's First Friday:
Brenda's Hair Gallery
Conway's Eastside Pharmacy
First Knox National Bank
Jon's Plumbing and Heating
Kahrl and Company Insurance
Lapp Heating and Cooling
Mohican Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation
Moore Family Practice LLC
Revere Roofing Company
Sojourners Counseling Services
Wendy's of Mount Vernon
WNZR would like to thank these prize donors for their generous donations to WNZR's
"Shape Up, Clean Up, Drink Up, Dress Up and Soak Up" prize basket:
Amy Kessler of Carefree Cleaning Company
Amberly Frye, Accesory Stylist with Premier Designs Jewelry
Zumba with Teresa and Lisa
Happy Bean Coffee Shop
Hiawatha Water Park