On The Road with Big Blue – WNZR’s DOGtoberfest returns to October’s First Friday
Join WNZR on Friday, 10/6 for October’s First Friday.
This month is special. WNZR hosts DOGtoberfest!
A DOGtoberfest costume parade will take place at 6:30 p.m. The parade will start at Big Blue (located in front of the public square), travel around the square, go down South Main Street and travel back up Main, ending at the square. Each dog and owner will be announced at the corner of South Main and Gambier Street.
Pre-registration is from 6 – 6:30 p.m. at Big Blue (located in front of the public square).
You have 3 chances to win at October First Friday:
- #1 - The first 50 dogs showing up in costume will receive a doggy goody bag provided by Complete Care Animal Hospital. Pet owners are encouraged to also wear costumes!
- #2 - All dog owners can register their dogs to win special prize basket from Pawsitive Journey. There are 2 doggy prize baskets: one for small to medium size dogs and one for medium to large size dogs. Each basket contains training tools including a leather lead, collar, game "tugs" and fall bandanna. Each basket is valued at around $60!
- #3 - Anyone visiting the Big Blue location at First Friday can enter to win a special “Clean Up, Dress Up and Freshen Up” prize basket for the family featuring:
- An entire house cleaning from Carefree Cleaning Company. Amy Kessler gives you 4 hours of house cleaning! (Valued at $100)!
- Two $15 gift certificates for Permier Designs Jewelry with Amberly Frye. (One for you and one for a friend!)
- Six Scentsy Bars from Melissa Dexter, Independent Scentsy Consultant. (Valued at $25)
- Plus WNZR goodies including an "On the Road with Big Blue" t-shirt, jar opener, keychain, chip clips, hand fan, cups, Frisbees, guitar flyswatter and more! The prize package is valued at over $175.00!
First Friday events are from 6 to 9 p.m. in downtown Mount Vernon.
The family-friendly activities include Balloon Sculptor Rex Naylor, corn hole, a classic car cruise-in and music from the group Six Miles to Nellie on the Main Stage, Sarah Goslee Reed will perform on the South Stage (at MVNU’s Buchwald Plaza Gazebo).
Other activities include:
- The Mount Vernon Nazarene University's Schnormeier Gallery welcome Kevin Frances with his exhibit “EGO”. An Artist Talk will take place on Friday, October 6th at 4pm. A reception will take place from 6-9pm during First Friday. The show continues through 11/17.
- Red Cross will be on the Public Square
- Fire Truck and Medic at Paragraphs
- Food vendors on the square
- Woodward Opera House tours from 6-8pm (construction permitting)
Share your pictures of the event with us on social media using #mvfirstfriday.
It’s family fun at Mount Vernon’s First Friday presented by Main Street Mount Vernon – an Ohio Main Street program. Traffic will be closed one block north of the Square, around the Square and on South Main Street to Ohio Avenue starting at 4:30 p.m. (on Friday 10/6). (Gambier Street will remain open). Rain location for the band is the CA & C Depot at 1 Columbus Road. More details about First Friday can be found at www.mainstreetmountvernon.com. For more information, call Executive Director, Carrie Hyman at 740-393-1481.
WNZR thanks these business partners for their support of our ministry and our broadcast from October First Friday.
Brian Van Winkle of Edward Jones Investments
Heartland Promotional Products
Kahrl and Company Insurance
Knox Community Hospital
Mort’s Auto Care Center
Pond Tire Company
Revere Roofing Company
Sojourners Counseling Services
Yoder Autobody and Collision Repair
Thanks to our October First Friday and DOGtoberfest prize donors:
Care Free Cleaning Company
Premier Designs Jewelry Accessory Stylist, Amberly Frye
Scentsy Independent Consultant, Melissa Dexter
Pawsitive Journey LLC
Complete Care Animal Hospital
“On The Road With Big Blue” - Prizes and Family Fun ALL YEAR long!